Wednesday, 2 May 2012

'Citizen Sailors', by Glyn Prysor

I did a specialist topic on the Second World War whilst at school for my A-Levels, so was really excited to receive this book in the post. Living in Portsmouth also added to the enjoyment of reading these accounts as local areas were regularly mentioned as were ships that family members had served on. Prysor   has included many first hand accounts from sailors of the Royal Navy, that give an insight into some of the less well-known battles as well as the more familiar. Some of these testimonies are raw and gritty, and Prysor does not try to shy away from this fact, and I feel this has given me a more real view of what it was like to serve for the Royal Navy during these years. I have since passed this book on to other family members who are enjoying it as much as I did, definitely one to recommend.

The book can be found at the following websites:

Amazon
Waterstones

No comments:

Post a Comment